Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

In Need of Grace

On a beautiful spring day, full of life and love, I am in need of grace. I have done it again. Messed up and lost patience with my children. Acted crabby, blamed it on chronic pain...difficult to live through but isn't God's grace greater? Scared my children will stumble in darkness because of my flaws in parenting.

But oh the glorious riches of grace! Of a God who can erase bad memories, empower for better living, "present us holy in His sight, without blemish..." (Col. 1) I'm so thankful for this promise. Once, I was alienated from God and made an enemy in my mind because of my evil behavior but now He has reconciled me by Christ's physical body to present ME (! EVEN ME!) holy in His sight, without blemish and FREE FROM ALL ACCUSATION!!!" (Col. 1) I'm so thankful for that. I am free from all accusation. Not only free from the enemy's accusations but free from my own accusations of myself!

So now I can enter this beautiful spring day. Full of sunlight, full of truth, full of confidence in the God who loved me while I was still a sinner....

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post.

    As parents we are all deeply flawed and have felt what you are experiencing. But as you have stated, the grace of God and His unfathomable riches are a healing balm to our hurting and sinning souls.

    Rest assured, when your children are older, they will forget the times you raised your voice in anger and focus instead on your deep love for them. When we ask our children to forgive us and point them once again to the only perfect Being, we are equipping them to live Christlike lives - and that's a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the gospel at work. Because of the gospel, we are forgiven. And because we need forgiveness, we are better equipped to teach the gospel to our children :-)

    That very same day I also sinned against my children, and we all sat crying in a big heap together as I asked their forgiveness. God redeems :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers