Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Thank you everyone for praying for us ! After a 2 day journey (we stayed in Copenhagen overnight because of our late flight) we made it. We are home! We are so happy to be back in Sarajevo seeing our friends and speaking Bosnian. You can pray for us as we resettle: that we find a good preschool for the kids, that our language comes back and we can start classes soon, and for adjustment for the kids. Thank you!
Saturday, July 10, 2010
First of all, thank you for being patient with us as we haven't updated in a while. Life has been busy, as I'm sure all of your lives have been. Where did we leave off...
1. Thank you for praying for our friends the Jacksons. Anne is doing better, although still suffering the effects of a brain injury. You can follow her recovery here: www.caringbridge.org/visit/annejackson
2. We packed up in Bosnia and came back to Atlanta for a month. We had a great time seeing family and friends but of course it was so short we didn't get everyone in we wanted to. :( You guys who we didn't see...come over to Bosnia!
3. Currently we are finishing our time in Ft. Collins, Colorado for our training with our team. It has been very beneficial and we are enjoying life at a slower pace. My (Taylor) parents arrive today and will attend the parent sessions later this week.
4. We return to Bosnia in about a week! Please pray for our transitions and stress level as leaving is always hard, but we are really looking forward to being home! Thanks guys!
5. Josh continues to work on his book about Miss Irby and Irby Road. (Josh's distant cousin came to Sarajevo 150 years ago and became a national hero because of her humanitarian work) Please pray as he will start working with a writing coach once we return to Sarajevo.
Thanks everyone for your prayers!
Oh, and if you would like to give financially, please visit:
give.ccci.org and type in our names. Thanks!